Start planning a debt free future today!
Who are Dryden Fairfax Solicitors?
Dryden Fairfax Solicitors are a Debt Collection company with a company number of 06765260.
If you have received a letter of a card from this debt collector, contact us immediately for independent, confidential and free debt advice. We will explore all of your options, with the aim of stopping this debt collector from being able to take any further action. But you must act quickly! Our advice is 100% free, we aim to help you as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Important: Do not let Dryden Fairfax Solicitors into your home, no matter what they tell you. Contact us immediately and we will try to deal with them on your behalf.
So who are Dryden Fairfax and how do they work?
Will Dryden Fairfax Solicitors come to my house to collect debts?
Dryden Fairfax Solicitors may have appointed field agents to make home visits to discuss the alleged debt. These visits can be very distressing not only for the person who is the named debtor, but for the entire family. These methods can have a detrimental effect to your mental and physical health, and to the people around you.
These are all very common tactics which Dryden Fairfax Solicitors use to get in touch with the people who owe them money. Without appointing a debt company to represent you, this may continue.
As a long-established independent debt website, we have a vast experience of dealing with creditors such as Dryden Fairfax Solicitors. We understand the tactics that they use, and we can work with you to get them to stop.
How will Dryden Fairfax Solicitors chase me if I don’t pay?
Creditors such as Dryden Fairfax Solicitors use computer systems (often known as customer relationship management systems) to keep on top of their debtors. They often follow a debt process which will make them the most profit. These methods are often seen as aggressive and you may have seen documentaries and news articles criticising the heavy-handed nature of debt collectors and bailiffs. Although the Government have come some way to reduce their powers, the main tactic continues: intimidation.
The first point of contact which Dryden Fairfax Solicitors may use will be an introductory phone call and letter. This is to set out their pre-action protocol. You will usually receive (in writing) a letter explaining the total amount of debt owed, any charges/penalties which may have been accrued and a tight deadline for you to repay the debt in full. The letter will usually mention what steps will happen if you do not pay the debt in full. These steps are usually:
- A home visit
- A county court judgement (CCJ), issued by Dryden Fairfax Solicitors if you fail to repay the debt within this tight deadline
- A threat of bankruptcy (usually if the debt is over £750)
Letters like this are very standard with every credit provider and not just Dryden Fairfax Solicitors. It is important to not take these letters personally. There is help at hand, but you should act quickly.
If you have been contacted by Dryden Fairfax Solicitors, contact us immediately and we will try to deal with them on your behalf.
What rights do Dryden Fairfax Solicitors have?
Any company which chases customers for outstanding debts have to follow a very strict code of conduct. In our opinion, this still needs to be tightened up as it seems to rely on intimidation. This is usually demonstrated by the field agents who visit your home. The field agents are usually male, large in stature and they try to command authority with their tone of voice and actions.
But in reality, companies such as Dryden Fairfax Solicitors are only interested in collecting as much money back in debts as they can. The welfare of the debtors is usually the last thing on their mind.
Dryden Fairfax Solicitors can exercise the following rights:
- Dryden Fairfax Solicitors can send letters to addresses where they think that you live, including new addresses which you have not provided to them
- Dryden Fairfax Solicitors can call you on phone numbers which they believe you to have access to
- Dryden Fairfax Solicitors can visit you at your home, or appoint representatives to visit you at home
- Dryden Fairfax Solicitors can add charges, interest and penalties in accordance with the original agreement you entered into
- Dryden Fairfax Solicitors may have the “right to offset”. This usually happens in situations when you have a debt with a bank, but you may also have money held within that same bank (for instance a credit card and a current account)
- If you do not pay on time, Dryden Fairfax Solicitors may register a default on your credit file. This sometimes happens very quickly, but you should be given notice of this upfront. If a default is registered on your credit file, it has a very negative effect on your credit rating and your ability to gain credit in the future
- Dryden Fairfax Solicitors can apply for a county court judgement (CCJ). If a CCJ is registered on your credit file, it has a very negative effect on your credit rating and your ability to gain credit in the future
- If your debt with Dryden Fairfax Solicitors is over £5000, they can issue a statutory demand. This is usually the first step in petitioning for your bankruptcy. You would need to appoint a legal representative (usually a solicitor) to represent you in these circumstances.
What rights do I have against Dryden Fairfax Solicitors?
As a citizen of the United Kingdom, you are given certain rights to protect you and your family’s wellbeing.
- Dryden Fairfax Solicitors can not harass you. They contact you as many times as they want as long as this is ‘reasonable’. This does not have any solid definition but be assured that this means that you should not feel harassed by Dryden Fairfax Solicitors. You cannot use this as a defence to avoid repaying your debt. You can ask that Dryden Fairfax Solicitors only contact you in writing, but if you do this you must make sure that you are responsive to these letters.
- Dryden Fairfax Solicitors cannot speak to your family, friends or neighbours about your debts. This is in line with UK data protection laws.
- Dryden Fairfax Solicitors cannot pretend that they have powers which they do not possess. In the past creditors have used documents which look like official court document. A law has passed to prevent this happening now.
- Dryden Fairfax Solicitors cannot be threatening, abusive or tell lies to collect debts.
If you are worried about Dryden Fairfax Solicitors, you should contact us immediately by calling the number on top of this page, or by clicking “Get Started for Free”.