If you have any questions about how we may use your personal information you can contact us.
What personal information do we collect?
We will only collect information that we actually need, or where we’re required to collect the information to enable us to perform our legal, regulatory or contractual obligations necessary to provide you with a service, or where we have your permission.
This will likely include the collection of:
- Your personal details (e.g. Title, name, surname)
- Address details
- Contact details (e.g. Phone number, e-mail)
- Financial Information
- Employment Information
- information on how you use our website(s) and products and services
Special Personal Information
Data protection law defines some personal information as “special categories of data”. This includes information about physical or mental health, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, race or ethnic origin, political opinions, trade union membership or biometric data. It may be necessary to collect some data that falls into this category to ensure that we have a complete understanding of the reason for your financial circumstances or where it may help us to provide a better service to you.
Where it is necessary to request this data, by disclosing this information to us, you are giving your explicit consent for us and any other third party to process this data as set out above.
Information about other people
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your information in a number of ways.
- When you make an enquiry to us either by phone, email, our website, by a third party or by any other means
- By adding reviews or interacting with us on social media such as Twitter or Facebook, etc
- When we may need to obtain up to date information about you to meet our legal or regulatory obligations
- Where you have given permission for your information to be provided to us
How do we use your personal information?
We will only collect and use your personal information in accordance with data protection laws. Our grounds for processing your personal information are as follows:
1. Consent – Where necessary we will only collect and process your personal information if you have given your consent for us to do so, for example, we will only send you certain marketing emails and process any sensitive information about you if we have your consent.
2. Legitimate Interests – We may use and process some of your personal information where we have sensible and legitimate business grounds for doing so. Under European privacy laws, there is a concept of “legitimate interests” as a justification for processing your personal information. Our legitimate interests for processing your personal information are to:
- Verify your identity and credit standing to enable us to provide the relevant help;
- Contact you in connection with your enquiry;
- Extract certain information for the purpose of generating statistics for our own internal purposes (including credit and/or behaviour scoring, and market product analysis);
- Detect, prevent and investigate actual and potential fraud and related activities;
- To manage risk for us and our customers;
- To obey laws and regulations that apply to us;
- To respond to complaints and seek to resolve them;
- Develop, manage and market products and services to meet your needs and to contact you for products and services that may be of interest;
- Determine your eligibility for different products and services that you may be interested in; and
- Update this website to better meet your needs in the future.
You have a right to object to our use of your personal information for these legitimate interests including where we may use your personal information to create a profile to inform customer demographics. If you raise an objection, we will stop processing your personal information unless very exceptional circumstances apply, in which case we will let you know why we are continuing to process your personal information. Please contact our Compliance Team should you wish to exercise this right.
What we do with the information we gather
Following your online query, your information may be passed to one or more of the following organizations: We recommend reviewing their privacy policies which will detail how they will use your information:
- Other Insolvency Practitioners
- Sunrise Money Limited
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We will not share your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Access to your personal information
You have the right to request from us a copy of the personal information that we may hold about you. This is often called a “Data Subject Access Request”.
You can request this information by contacting us. We will provide this information free of charge.
Right to have your personal information corrected
If the personal information we hold about you is incorrect you have the right to request that we correct this.
Right to stop or limit the processing of the data we carry out
You may request that your personal information is deleted or that we stop processing the information if we’re no longer entitled to process it.
There may be occasions where we are unable to delete the data due to our legal or regulatory obligations. We will, however, discuss this with you if you request for your information to be deleted.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will keep a record of your personal information to ensure that we provide you with the best service possible and where we’re required to keep your personal information to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
Your information will be deleted after 2 years unless you request the information to be deleted sooner.
How to contact us about your data
If you are not happy with how we process your personal information you should contact us in the first instance.
If you’re not happy with how we have dealt with your complaint you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can find their details on their website at https://ico.org.uk/
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Cookies are small amounts of information which we store on your computer. Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details to us, our system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the site. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the site for you. You may set up the browser on your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our Website. If you do not wish to receive cookies in the future, please let us know.
|fr||Remarketing and conversion tracking||Click here for more information about Facebook cookies|
|Google Analytics||_utm(x), _ga(x), _gid, amp_token||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. They keep track of when a visitor enters and leaves the website and any search engines and keywords that are used, including any personal and/or special categories of data.||Click here for more information about Google Analytics and how to disable this cookie.|
|guest_id, personalisation_id||Remarketing and conversion tracking|
HOW TO CONTACT US
The website www.help-with-debt.com is owned and operated by Freedom Debt Limited
Registered office: International House, 12 Constance Street, London, United Kingdom, E16 2DQ
Freedom Debt Limited
Is an Appointed Representative of Sunrise Money Limited.
Sunrise Money Limited is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference number 825959.
Licensed by the Information Commissioners Office under registration number ZA503179